Ministry Resource Day: Three workshops to build skills in Stewardship and Discipleshipistry Resource Day: Three workshops to build skills in Stewardship and Discipleship
Please chose one:
Two Stewardship sessions will be offered by The Rev. Suzanne Culhane, Canon for Stewardship
Morning Session 10a - 12 noon
Afternoon Session 1:30- 3:30pm
• The Five Pillars: A Practical Guide to Stewardship (morning)
• The Dirty Secrets of Capital Campaigns (afternoon)
Planning for the 2019-2020 diocese-wide Scripture Reading will be offered by The Rev. Claire Woodley, Canon for Congregational Support 10am - 12 noon
• Get ready for the journey: The Path / La Senda / The Path for Families! (morning & afternoon)
• Build your vision and set goals for this year-long, intergenerational journey to build your church's confidence and spiritual foundation for mission.
• Learn strategies to launch The Path/La Senda and The Path for Families, build participation, and explore the events and resources available.
• Learn different models for The Path/La Senda and The Path for Families groups and the free curriculums available.
Parish Administrator's Day
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Parish administrators and bookkeepers are once again invited to join together for fellowship and appreciation. This day, which is repeated by popular demand, will help the attendees to step back to allow God to speak and nourish their souls. Provided with gratitude for the commitment, skill, and daily effort of parish administrators across the Diocese of Long Island.
5th Annual Robert Farrar Capon Lecture
Thursday, May 23rd 6 pm Reception 7 pm Lecture
"The Artist As Preacher" with the Rev Eric Hollas, original consultant for the Saint John's Bible
Co-sponsored by the Cathedral of the Incarnation and the Mercer School
Fr. Hollas will discuss the important role that art has played over the centuries in our spiritual lives, and why every generation should make a commitment to the arts. Fr. Hollas is a Princeton and Yale graduate, a medievalist, and was one of the primary consultants for the The Saint John's Bible. Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served on the lawn outside the cathedral with the talk following in the main sanctuary.